Today it's a doily circle skirt.
- doily 9 - 11.5 inches in diameter (I bought these doilies at vintage shops, a couple of the price tags were still on, one was $1.00, the other $3.50)
- 5/8 inch or 1 inch fold over elastic (Looking for some inexpensive fold over elastic? I got a package of 5 headwraps at a dollar store, that's only $1.00 for 2.5 yards of 5/8 inch fold over elastic. Although from my experience making these skirts, I recommend using 1 inch fold over elastic.)
- ball point needle
- in the center of the doily cut out a circle that has a radius of 1.75 inches (diameter of 3.5 inches)
- take the fold over elastic and fold it over the raw edge of the waistline using lots of pins, sew around with multiple step zigzag stitch (it is suggested to use a 2 or 3 stitch length and a ball point needle). If you have never sewn with fold over elastic before I recommend watching a YouTube video to learn how.
- cut off the excess fold over elastic.