Today it's a chiffon bubble skirt. These skirts are so light, floaty, and lovely!
- 12 inches of 4 inch wide double layer chiffon ruffle with satin ribbon at $5.99 per yard, 12 inches will only cost $1.99
- a fine sewing machine needle, I used 70/10
- Velcro mini fasteners, 3/8 inch dots (self-adhesive circles), with a package of 56 costing $3.49, that's only $.06 each
- With right sides together and using a shorter stitch, sew a .25 inch seam, starting at 2 inches down from the top of the skirt and stopping 2 inches before the end on the other side, backstitching at the beginning and end. A 'U' shaped seam will be made so the seam allowances are inside the bubble skirt.
- Attach the Velcro mini fasteners to the satin ribbon part at the back of the skirt
- Apply Fray Check to the raw edges of the satin ribbon and exposed raw edges of the chiffon to prevent fraying
Next up, day 4 of 18-inch doll skirt week.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there :)