The only thing I needed to buy were the LEGOs because everything else was on hand at home. I got all the LEGO pieces from the pick-a-brick wall at a LEGO store.
- 4 long narrow LEGO pieces (I used 1 by 16 white)
- 5 square LEGO pieces in one color (I used 2 by 2 yellow)
- 5 square LEGO pieces in another color (I used 2 by 2 red)
- White card stock (8.5 by 11 inch)
- Wax paper
- Colored paper and hole punch (if you want to add confetti)
- Sewing machine
- Cut the white card stock in half
- If you want to add confetti use a hole punch to punch holes out of colored paper on top of the card stock
- Place LEGO pieces on top of the card stock
- Place a piece of wax paper on top (larger than the card stock)
- At the sewing machine, using a zigzag stitch, sew all four sides along the edges
- Cut off excess wax paper
The approximate cost of this tic tac toe game is $2.00 each, but to cut down on cost and size, smaller and or thinner LEGOs could be used (these LEGO pieces happened to be the only ones available at the pick-a-brick wall that day that would work for this project).
mailbox necklaces. And sewing paper with wax paper reminded me of the heart shaped candy maze Valentines I made before.