What a sweet dress this is. I am a huge fan of this style with it's plunging open back and simple sash.
- sleeveless or cap sleeve dress
- with or without pockets
- contrasting hem
- peplum top
I sewed up a sleeveless dress with pockets.
Pattern: Matinee Dress (available is sizes 12-18M to 8) by Jennifer from A Jennuine Life
1.5 yards light blue polka dot fabric "PaintBox" by Cyndia Rowley for Michael Miller Fabrics
4 inches light pink cotton
.5 yard light blue 100% cotton voile (for the bodice lining)
Notions: 3 pink buttons
- The clean finish seams on the skirt.
- All seams are enclosed or finished, giving the interior a very polished and professional look.
- Some of the pattern pieces are given in dimensions rather than pattern pieces.
- The placement of items are given as a measurement instead of a marking on the pattern piece.
- It comes with different sized pockets for the different sizes.
- Images are given for every step.
- The pattern and the instructions are really well done.
one Jennifer made, where in place of the sash she added ribbons in the back. I want to make one that way, too.
The Matinee pattern will be regularly $10, but Jennifer is offering a discount of $2 off for the release through Friday. On Etsy the code is MATINEE20, and since Craftsy doesn't utilize coupon codes, the listing is at $8.
Have fun sewing your Matinee!