Thursday, April 25, 2013

Liberty Rollerskate Dresses

 


KCWC



The pattern: Oliver+S Rollerskate Dress, view A, size 5
The fabrics: Liberty Lifestyle Stile, blue/cream one: Lowke Pastel, pink/green one: Herbert Pastel; lining fabric was 100% cotton voile in white. The Liberty of London fabric was a dream to work with, it cut like butter and is super soft.
The mods: I added on-seam side pockets using the Freshly Picked's free pocket pattern. The blue/cream dress has cotton twill tape for the ribbon bow detail in the front.




PS One day you're in and the next day you're out… as for the sew off, I took 4th place! Many thanks to all of you who supported my Checkerboard Dress, Pencil and Paper Bedding Set, and Little Black Tunic and Blue Pants. I pushed myself, tried new things, and added new sewing skills to my repertoire, so I was appreciative of the experience!