Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Paper Fans




For Project Run and Play Season 6 Week 2 the challenge is stripes and polka dots. It inspired me to sew a polka dot dress with striped hem.

THE PATTERN// Paper Fans, size 4. Free pattern ~ gotta love that! I've been wanting to try this sewing pattern ever since it was released in August 2012.

THE FABRICS// skirt: gray with white polka dots, Michael Miller Ta Dot, bodice: yellow with tiny white raindrops, Hoodie's Collection "Raindrops" for Timeless Treasures Fabrics, hem: solid yellow cotton and red grosgrain ribbon

THE SEWING// a little more time consuming than I thought it would be, I like the waist detail and how it is constructed. For the buttons holes I used this tutorial (making a button hole using the zigzag stitch).

Bonus points to me as I only used materials from my stash :)

This dress was made for and will be donated to Dress A Girl Around the World.

Happy Tuesday and see you tomorrow for more polka dots...