Barbie Reversible Circle Skirt Tutorial
What you need:
- Two different pieces of fabric cut into a circle, I used 7 inch diameter circles (In order to get a longer skirt, cut out a bigger circle)
- Rotary cutter with pinking blade
- 1.25 inch diameter circle paper punch
- Disappearing ink fabric marker
- 5/8 inch or 1 inch fold over elastic
- With right sides together, sew .25 inch (or edge of presser foot) all around the outer edge of the circle.
- Trim using a rotary cutter with pinking blade.
- To create the 1.25 inch diameter circle paper pattern piece, use a 1.25 inch circle paper punch. (Or use a compass to draw a circle).
- Place that circle pattern piece in the center of the fabric circle, trace it, and then cut it out.
- Turn the circle skirt right side out and press with iron.
- Take the fold over elastic and fold it over the raw edge of the waistline, sew around with multiple step zigzag stitch (it is suggested to use a 2 or 3 stitch length and a ball point needle). If you have never sewn with fold over elastic before I recommend watching a YouTube video to learn how.
- Cut off the excess fold over elastic.