Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dala Horse

 {2012 Craft Books}

Swedish Handknits: A Collection of Heirloom Designs by Sue Flanders and Janine Kosel

Got Swedish ancestry? Or like all things Swedish? Then you might be interested in this one. I enjoyed reading this book... aside from all of the various knitting projects all of which were inspired by the historic textiles housed at the American Swedish Institute in Minneapolis, Minnesota, it also includes stories, interesting historical bits, and vintage photographs.

I knitted a sweet little red Dala horse from the book, it was a fun project and will hang from our Christmas tree as an ornament.




 I was fortunate to have the opportunity to attend an exhibit (at the American Swedish Institute) that featured all of the knitted items found in this book… here is a peek at some of the things that I saw…

















Got Norwegian ancestry? Or like all things Norwegian? Then you might be interested in their Norwegian Handknits book which came out in 2009.

It is the end of February, so thanks for following my 2012 craft book series this month. Maybe I'll see you around here next February for a 2013 craft book series...

Bring on March... Easter... spring ~ ah, my favorite season of the year :)