Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cinderella Dress-up Dress








UPDATED TO ADD: Cinderella Dress Tutorial is here
*****
{Project Run & Play season 4 audition}

Once upon a time there was a little girl who grew up and married her prince charming. At their wedding there were 5 bridesmaids dressed in light blue dresses. Several years later the couple was blessed with a daughter who one day wished for a Cinderella dress. So the mother sewed her daughter a Cinderella dress using one of the light blue bridesmaid dresses from her wedding. The daughter loved her Cinderella dress, it was everything she wished for and she lived happily ever after. The end.

*****
Some details for the judges of how I made the outfit:
:: I repurposed a light blue bridesmaid dress (from my May 96 wedding), Jessica McClintock Bridal, size 6
:: I also used 1 yard of white satin
:: This is a variation of a princess dress that I sewed my daughter
:: I ironed on fusible interfacing to the sleeves to keep them puffy
:: There is a crinoline underneath repurposed from the lining/crinoline of the bridesmaid dress
:: I sewed French seams wherever possible for a nice finished look inside, hoping that the dress will last longer & not fall apart as quickly
:: The dress has a very full skirt which goes to the floor
:: Being a dress-up dress, for the closure in the back I added velcro