Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sleigh Ride Outerwear

UPDATED TO ADD: the Sleigh Ride Outerwear Tutorial is here !
*****
 {Project Run & Play Season 3 Sew Along}

This week's challenge is Outerwear. It's currently winter here in Minnesota, so I was inspired by: winter, white, fluffiness, & softness. This winter outerwear creation includes a coat with matching mittens & a matching ear warmer. For the coat I used the Abby Jacket pattern (which I've used before, but this time I made a few changes which I'll explain in the future tutorial post), for the mittens I used the mitten pattern from the Oliver+S little things to sew book, & for the ear warmer I didn't use any pattern, I just made it up... tutorial on how I made it coming soon.





Can you guess what embellishment I used to create the texture for these pieces?

Be sure to check out the Project Run & Play flickr group to view all the Outerwear creations.

The fifth week's challenge: Special Occasion/Party Wear

PS I found it interesting that Kate from see kate sew & I both made a coat out of white fleece during Season 3  ! 
I just wanted to share that my sleigh ride coat creation that I started the last few days of December was all done before she posted her winning look :)